Table of contents
Manners & training
How to have a well mannered dog, housetraining & more
This is the Dog Owner's Guide table of contents for "Manners & training".
Because some articles are relevent to several topics they may be listed in more
than onc topic. To see a list of topics see the List
of all topics . To browse a table of contents for the entire site see Dog
Owner's Guide Table of contents. For a list of all articles listed alphabetically
by title see the index page
Manners & training (75)
- Dealing with common problems in puppys
first year: How can such a cute puppy be so-o-o bad?
- Puppy training techniques: Teaching your puppy his proper place in his
- Puppy Socialization: What is puppy socialization and why is it important?
- How to socialize your puppy: Puppies need handling from day one
- Summertime socialization: Summertime, and the livin is easy for
socialized dogs and their owners
- The taming of Tansy: Careful planning keeps last season's puppy
from turning into this season's nuisance
- Dogs will be dogs: Dogs behave as they are wont to do, and therein lies the rub
- Canine food training: Food for thought and dog training
- Behavior blunders put Fido in hot water: Shelters are packed with misunderstood pooches
- The first six months: You're never too young to learn
- Puppy adolescence: Trials and tribulations
- Dog crates: The crate: a modern dog den
- More on dog crates: More on crates: types, size, cost, using a crate to help with training
- This dog is driving me crazy! : Great expectations run amok
- Owning a dog calls for common sense and adaptability: Defining common sense dog ownership
- Making peace between dogs and cats: Is coexistence possible?
- Jean Donaldson seminar: Cutting edge dog training
- Noisy dog?: Get control now
- Fighting furry furies?: Dogs and cats don't always have to fight like cats and dogs
- Click, treat, learn: Next step in dog training evolution?
- Gardening with canine assistance: Mo-OM! Rover's in the garden and he's digging up the...!
- Give that dog a job to keep him happy: "My dog is always into something."
- Good manners at the vet and groomer: Socialization outside the home
- Head collars: Head collars can prevent arm-yanking walks
- Feisty females: Female dogs climb the canine corporate ladder with ferocious determination
- Much ado about "responsible dog ownership": It's more than just being kind to your dog
- Our dogs, our responsibilities: An ounce of prevention beats a pound of cure
- Deceiving appearances: What looks like disobedience might be a health problem
- Excessive barking: So how do I make Blackie stop barking up a storm?
- "No bite!": Angel days and devil days: teaching bite inhibition to puppies
- Body language matters!: "It’s not what you say but how you say it!"
- Canine common courtesy: Common courtesy and doggie etiquette protects owners and their neighbors
- Conditioning for canines: Canine athletes need coaching and conditioning for success
- Ask the clicker trainer: What you click is what you get
- The eyes have it:: Teach your pup to look deep into your eyes to set the stage for training
- No! Down! Bad dog! : When jumping dogs drive you crazy ...
- The bare necessities of "come": The secret to teaching a happy recall
- From dolphins to dogs: Click and treat training: A review of the Click! & Treat Training Kit, a videotape and booklet set by Gary Wilkes, author of The Behavior Sampler and presenter of seminars that teach this non-coercive training method.
- High energy dogs!: Some dogs are charter members of the canine energy club...
- Minimizing owner surrenders: Owner ignorance populates shelters with abandoned dogs and cats
- Puppies really can learn! : Even when they're younger than six months
- The secret of a happy recall: What every owner would like to see
- "He didn't like it so we stopped.": Knee deep in red flags
- Respect and compromise: Recipe for a happy canine family
- Runaway dog!: When Fido wins the race to the doorknob
- Help! My dog won't come when I call him!: How can I get him to be more obedient?
- Summertime fun: Fun in the sun with Rover
- Canine playtime: All work and no play makes Fido a dull dog
- Terrier terrors: Terriers just wanna have fun!
- Thunderstorm tips: Flash! Boom! There goes Rover under the bed....
- Treat training: Bribing Miss Daisy
- Firmness works for dogs, too!: "But how can I say 'no' to him, he's just so cute?
- Walking the dog: Walking the dog can be pleasure or pain -- the leash is in your hands
- Dogs and wildlife: Wildlife + dogs can be a formula for disaster
- Puppy social skills: Puppies need social skills to become friendly guardians
- Who’s in charge here, anyway?: Why don't we get any respect?
- Obedience training your dog: Teaching dog manners: How, why and where
- Surviving the holidays with your dog: Making holidays fun for the WHOLE family!
- A housetraining checklist: Help with housetraining
- Housetraining your dog: Help with housetraining
- Kids and dogs: Safety first: Kid-proof your dogs; dog-proof your kids
- Kids and dogs: A common sense approach: Vicki Rodenberg's award-winning column
- Puppy chewing: Puppy days can be frustrating or fun -- you choose which!
- Moving day: Moving cross-country or cross-town, take steps to help Ranger enjoy his new home
- The prong collar: Is the prong collar an instrument of torture or a universal training
- Rover needs a new home? Don't call the shelter: Here are some things to try first
- Introduction to obedience training: The importance of obedience training
- Obedience Q & A: Elementary, my dear doggie!
- Obedience tips from the pros: Play with your dog for fun and sharper performances
- An obedience training glossary: Some common obedience terms
- Pack dynamics: Much ado about nothing or the key to a well-behaved companion dog?
- Living with the high prey drive dog: Some dogs just aren't couch potatoes
- He didn't real-l-l-y mean it!: "And he mostly doesn't bite!"
- "My dog always jumps on me.…": "Four on the floor" is the rule for
- Dogs must be taught to not bite: How to do it depends on the dog's age
Quick list of topics | All articles listed by topic | List of Recommended books for this topic
Copyright 2021 Canis Major Publications